If you think men can’t control themselves in front of a short skirt, who’s the real misandrist?
See, this is what I want to know.
Men are human beings. They are not ravening, raping beasts. They are (in general) reasonable, thinking people who are fully capable of exercising self-control and recognizing the agency of others.
And they say *I* hate men?
Who ever started this meme, God bless you.
So let’s just get this straight…
Hunger Games has the 3rd biggest opening in movie history.
An action flick starring a girl.
Who isn’t an emaciated stick.
Who isn’t a princess.
Whose journey is motivated by her sister, not a man.
Who is not sexually used, abused, active or even objectified much.
3rd biggest opening in movie history. Spawning a franchise.
Let’s just… let’s just think about that.
Let’s just bask in the glow.
I'm not a feminist, but....
- Person A: I'm not a feminist, but I do I agree that we should all be equal, regardless of gender. And I think THAT is worth fighting for.
- Person B: I'm not a feminist, but I am pretty sick of getting sexually harassed on the streets. And I think THAT is worth fighting for.
- Person C: I'm not a feminist, but I do think it's shitty that my colleague gets paid less per hour than myself for no reason she, or I, can discern. And I think THAT is worth fighting for.
- Person D: I'm not a feminist, but I think that women should have control over what they do with their bodies. And I think THAT is worth fighting for.
- Person E: I'm not a feminist, but I am getting tired of seeing the same generic woman everywhere telling me I'm not matching up to the proper standard of beauty. It makes me feel bad. And I think THAT is worth fighting.
- Person F: I'm not a feminist, but I hate that my partner was raped and then blamed for it, even accused of lying to get attention. And I think THAT is worth fighting.
- Person G: I'm not a feminist. I'm more of an "equalist" :) And I think THAT is worth fighting for.
- FEMINIST PERSON: WHEN WILL YOU ALL REALISE THAT IT IS FEMINISTS WHO ARE FIGHTING FOR ALL OF THOSE THINGS YOU DEEM WORTH FIGHTING FOR, AND HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG. FEMINISM IS NOT ABOUT BOLSTERING ONE GENDER ABOVE OTHERS. IT IS ABOUT FIGHTING FOR EQUALITY BY IMPROVING THE LIVES OF THE ONES THAT ARE SYSTEMATICALLY FUCKED OVER.
- If you can see that systematic oppression is a real thing, why can't you see how oppressors intentionally perpetrate false representations of freedom fighters?