- Finally, A Feminism 101 Blog - Frequently Answered Questions
- Feminist Literature (Tumblr)
- Feminist texts written by women of color (Tumblr)
- fuckyeahfeminists (Tumblr)
- grrrlpower (Tumblr)
Racism, Race, & Culture
- Institutional/Structural Racism Within a Context: A Historical Glimpse at the Concept of “Race”
- Definitions - Racism Free Ontario Initiative
- Different Forms of Racism
- What is a Microaggression? What are Racial Microagressions?
- Appropriation vs. Appreciation
- A Look at the Myth of Reverse Racism
- Who are People of Colour? Why can’t I use the term “coloured”?
- Colourblindness: Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism
- The Angry Eye part 1 (YouTube)
- The Angry Eye part 2 (YouTube)
- Racialicious (Tumblr)
- ladyatheist (Tumblr)
Sizeism & Body Positivity
- Big Fat List of Myth-Defying Health Resources (Tumblr)
- Hey Fatties/QPOCAS Resources (Google Docs)
- Obesity, Health, and Metabolic Fitness
- Don’t You Realize Fat Is Unhealthy?
- Diets Don’t Work, But…
- Reality vs. Relativism
- THE HAES MANIFESTO (pdf)
- Fat Acceptance FAQ
- redefiningbodyimage (Tumblr)
GSM (Gender & Sexuality Minorities)
- Project Queer (Tumblr)
- The Safe Space Network (Tumblr)
- Not Your Mom’s Trans 101
- Trans* Awareness (Tumblr)
- Trans Etiquette 101: No Offense, But That’s Offensive (Tumblr)
- Cissexism, Transphobia, & Cissupremacy. (Tumblr)
- So what’s a genderqueer, eh? (Tumblr)
- Gender Neutral Pronoun Blog
- (AVEN) Asexual Visibility and Education Network
- What is Biphobia?
- The Intersex Roadshow
- (ILGA) International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association
- (GLAAD) Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino
- Ableist Word Profile
- FWD/Forward: FWD (feminists with disabilities) for a way forward.
- Where’s the Benefit?
- Bad Cripple
- Leaving Evidence
- Diary of a Benefit Scrounger
- Don’t Support Autism Speaks
- I’m Autistic, But Autism Speaks Doesn’t Speak for Me.
- An Autistic Speaks About Autism Speaks
- Why I am against Autism Speaks (Tumblr)
- Checking Your Privilege 101 (pdf)
- Male privilege checklist (pdf)
- White Privilege Checklist (pdf)
- Binary-Gender Privilege Checklist
- Cis Privilege Checklist
- Heterosexual privilege checklist (pdf)
- Checklist of Neurotypical Privilege
- Hearing Privilege (Tumblr)
- Christian Privilege Checklist (Tumblr)
- Christian Privileges in American Society: Hidden Ways Christians are Privileged
- Privilege even in veganism
- Vegan Privilege
You went through a phase where every film you were in you were taking your clothes off.
See, this is what I want to know.
Men are human beings. They are not ravening, raping beasts. They are (in general) reasonable, thinking people who are fully capable of exercising self-control and recognizing the agency of others.
And they say *I* hate men?
A boy sows a wild oat or two, the whole world winks. A girl does the same - scandal.
Sure you do. We all do.
Who ever started this meme, God bless you.
Feminist Bolin / Perfect Man Bolin [x]
I guess I am the best man.
I have never had anyone ever, of any gender, tell me that people should value me for my mind, instead of my breast size.
They usually just respond with “Oh, but tiny breasts are cute and hand sized!”
I used to do this in my pre-Tumblr days (re: back when the only influences for critical thought I had were my sexist family and general society). Regardless of my best intentions, it didn’t even occur to me to maybe critically think about the implications of what I was saying and why I was saying it and what might be a better thing to say.
Tumblr you have taught me so much.
Hunger Games has the 3rd biggest opening in movie history.
An action flick starring a girl.
Who isn’t an emaciated stick.
Who isn’t a princess.
Whose journey is motivated by her sister, not a man.
Who is not sexually used, abused, active or even objectified much.
3rd biggest opening in movie history. Spawning a franchise.
Let’s just… let’s just think about that.
Let’s just bask in the glow.
Snow White is upset about the prevailing stereotype/myth of feminism